Watford Philharmonic Society
The Watford Philharmonic Society was founded in 1935 in association with Sir Henry Wood, of BBC Proms fame.
- With over 170 members in our choir & orchestra, we are now one of the largest amateur choral societies in the country
- Based in Watford, the choir rehearses regularly on Monday evenings and the orchestra on certain Wednesdays throughout the season
- We perform 4 or 5 full-scale concerts each year - mainly at the Watford Colosseum
- Our repertoire encompasses major choral and orchestral works both classical and modern, including concert performances of operatic pieces and popular music from stage and screen
- We work with highly-regarded experienced professionals – Conductor/Director of Music; Orchestral Leader; Rehearsal Accompanist